• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    I have not read any comments from the red camp like "that will show the MOS users!" or "our MUI is better!" or anything. Mostly they just thank the developers or complain about it's problems or bugs. Sure, they way development got started may have been ugly, but I don't think it will make a dent in the universe.

My personal worry is that if that "MUI4" gathers any developers on the 68k side and they use the incompatible functions there... the result will be that those 68k programs won't work under MorphOS anymore.

Those developers are unlikely interested to port their software specially to MorphOS, because they think they're using the common standards. On paper 68k+MUI should work as it is on MorphOS, and has worked till today, but now when there's an incompatible branch available, that may change :/

So, in the worst case program ports gets leeched to MorphOS -> OS4/68k direction, but due the present and future incompatibilities programs coming the other way get blocked.

It really would be nice to have a common standard without separating branches. The best would have been that official MUI4 would have been ported to other platforms, but at least the different versions should have remained compatible... but as usual, the things go the worst way in the Amiga land.
  • »07.01.16 - 18:37
    Profile Visit Website