• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    OR...they could do the mature thing (as they have been doing) and ignore it.
    It is a dead end anyway, and is wreaking havoc with the 68K users that try to get it working.

I don't know if it is right to say they ignored it. Publicly they aren't saying a ton, that is true.

Also I wouldn't make light of "wreaking havoc with 68K users". That is one of the major concerns here. OS4 <> Amiga, even though they pretend to be, just like their pirate MUI4.0 <> MUI4.0 even though they pretend to be.

68K users OTOH = Amiga users, actual Amiga users. Even in 2016 there will be some Amiga users who don't know or care much about NG Amiga-like solutions. This bastard pirate fork being represented as MUI4.0 is doing damage to the Amiga market. Those users who aren't versed on NG will just get disgusted with "MUI4.0", and will likely solidify their reason not to move on to MorphOS ever, since MUI is a core component of the OS.

Quote:

They only wanted something that would allow a quick port of Odyssey.

No, they wouldn't have taken the actions they took if they only wanted to pot Odyssey. AW can correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the OWB port and bounty were paid before this pirate MUI4 was released.

Quote:

Why encourage the idea that things are adversarial?

Because things ARE adversarial, all in one direction. They used dirty room code, in bad faith, removed/replaced copyright, and even initially released without keyfile requirements. There is no happy coexistence here, just unethical behavior.
  • »07.01.16 - 17:51