• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > When Piru first discovered what they were doing, he contacted Stuntzi directly.
    > Apparently, he [Stuntzi] was surprised to hear about it. [...] he responded quickly.

Didn't you just say that "Stuntzi only became aware some weeks after they released their hack, having had no idea of it beforehand"?

> Occam's Razor would assume someone had been naughty and leaked the source,
    > as several developers did work on OS4 and MorphOS alike.

Who for instance? And wouldn't this someone have given something a bit more up to date?

> If Stuntzi gave them the source, wouldn't he have given something a bit more up to date?

Not if he wanted to make sure to not violate the copyright of others who started contributing only at a later point.

> Wouldn't he have made sure to add the shareware registration in that source,
    > or at least stipulated that it should have one?

Maybe he did but it was removed from / not incorporated into the first release nonetheless.

>>> it was believed, MUI was buggy crap

>> As far as I remember, the main argument against MUI (true or not) was that it
    >> was slow, not buggy.

> Slow, buggy, and a memory hog.

As I said, I can't remember that "buggy" was ever a widely used point against MUI.
  • »04.10.15 - 23:50