amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:

What we also don't know:
    - how much work did Stuntzi invest in MUI in the past ±10 years
    - how much of MUI4/5 has been done by other team-members
    - do those team-member have in stake in MUI's copyright, or is it still 100% owned by Stuntzi

In essence, all we can say is that NotMUI4 isn't 100% compatible and versioning is at least confusing if not misleading.

THAT is very much the crux of the biscuit.
    MUI has been incorporated into MorphOS.
    How much have developers other than Stuntz contributed to it?
    What rights are retained by which individuals?

And further, as I has insinuated before, does Stuntz approve of the OS4 package, and is he hostile to our community?

I'll speculate here and say that I think that "Stuntzi" has probably lost much of his interest and desire to work on any programming related to the Amiga & MorphOS communities, so probably 99% of the work done on MUI over the past several years has been done by other MorphOS Dev. Team members. When "Stuntzi" stopped working on MUI is unclear and his opinion regarding the unofficial work on MUI4 for AmigaOS3.x & 4.x can't be known by any of us who don't have direct contact with "Stuntzi", but I fail to see how anyone could believe that he approves of what was done without permission, and the "slap in the face" actions of removing copyright notices. I also don't understand why anyone would think that "Stuntzi" is hostile to the MorphOS community. He may not be active at the moment, but he is still part of the MorphOS Dev. Team.

It is clear that the divide between the AmigaOS4.x and MorphOS teams remains wide, and apparently continues to grow wider with no resolution of hostile feelings in sight for most team members. The future will see both OSes evolve into platforms that have zero in common with each other, as compatibility with the original Amiga is reduced to being able to run UAE.

It is hard for me to tell if AmigaOS4.x will survive, or if Hyperion will strangle the last breaths out of it, by refusing to Open Source it, and failing to continue it as a viable commercial venture.

MorphOS at least has a better chance of continuing forward, though it might never grow into much more than it currently is, and continue to be commercially undesirable for 99.9% of programmers trying to make a living from selling their software.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »03.10.15 - 20:07