• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    OlafSch
    Quote:

geit schrieb:
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    Regarding MUI, I asked one of the MorphOS devs because the software (68k) does not work with Zune, answer was not his problem but problem for the Aros devs. Geit mentioned not supporting other platforms because of this. It is wrong attitude, it might not be a problem when a MorphOS program is not running anywhere else but it is a problem for MorphOS when software from other platforms is not ported to MorphOS because of the mentioned incompatibilities.

FrankenMUI is not a port. Stupid features were added like hell to FrankenMUI and MorphOS is the problem?

If I want to clone some API to make my system compatible to something else, then rule #1 is to not add any features as this will make my API incompatible.

So, as we know/learned FrankenMUI got new features to make it "better".

This means FrankenMUI was intentional made incompatible to not support porting stuff from AmigaOS to MorphOS.

So from day one there was no will to keep FrankenMUI kompatible for multi platform coding on AmigaOS4 side. And again the MorphOS Team is blamed! Nice!

Thats the problem with OpenSource. You lose control and create incompatible branches.

FrankenMUI I think is not opensource because based on the old MUI38 sources. You moan about the existence of different MUI implementations? That only happened because the MorphOS team not offered MUI implementations for the other platforms, if not open then at least as binary. The need was there so the others started their own implementations. Why should they ask the MorphOS team there then? I know that the MorphOS team members think different there but to me it was a wasted chance and it harms MorphOS finally because software not ported. But everyone can decide himself.
  • »02.10.15 - 17:32