• ASiegel
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    I mentioned Stefan because i found a text (I think interview) where he said that he was open to make available MUI38 for the other camps but others from MorphOS team saw MUI as a core component and opposed to it.

Despite objections, the source of an old MUI version was made available, which is exactly what version 4 of "MUI-AmigaOS" is based on.

Quote:

Regarding MUI, I asked one of the MorphOS devs because the software (68k) does not work with Zune, answer was not his problem but problem for the Aros devs. Geit mentioned not supporting other platforms because of this. It is wrong attitude, it might not be a problem when a MorphOS program is not running anywhere else but it is a problem for MorphOS when software from other platforms is not ported to MorphOS because of the mentioned incompatibilities.

Actually, most AROS software is open source so all it takes is a volunteer to adapt a piece of software so it works with MUI5 on MorphOS. Porting closed source MorphOS software to AROS, on the other hand, requires the involvement of the original author who may or may not be willing to share his work with others.

So, the different development models of these communities most likely cause AROS and MorphOS to be affected in fairly distinct ways by the issue you describe.
  • »02.10.15 - 16:13