• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

jPV wrote:
    I guess I've been lucky, but I haven't had any problems with original Mac drives or Jalapeno. I've never had a coaster with them. I've burnt pretty many data CD/DVDs from ISO files and separate files from filesystem with Mac minis, Powerbook and iBook. Everything just works.

But if one has problems, I'm betting hw fault than software in most cases. Unless someone proves that OSX or some other Amiga burning software (MakeCD, FryingPan, etc) can succeed while Jalapeno wouldn't.

I've also ripped many audio CDs with Flacapella with the previously mentioned HW... no problems with that either.

Congrats on your success rate! I agree that the problems with anyone burning CD's/DVD's is most likely hardware related, or lack of maintenance/cleaning of their drives.

I have bought and sold, or given away many PPC Mac computers over the last 10 years, and have had first hand knowledge of the frequency of problems with their optical drives, not only while running MorphOS, but also while running Mac OSX, so I am quite sure the problems I encountered were hardware related, or because the drive was not cleaned and dust was causing faults.

I have also heard from other users and some of my family members who have used Mac's for years regarding their problems with Mac optical drives, so I suspect that the brand they use is not the best quality, or most reliable.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »07.10.15 - 17:45