• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

kamelito wrote:
    No offence here but Morphos, Aros and OS4 wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of Amiga/CBM. It is easier to take as a base an existing OS or use existing codebase (read OS4), than to create a brand new operating system from scratch.
    I'd love to be proven wrong and see the "QBox" happening with the upcoming ISA change.
    It is time to let the past behind even if you can borrow concepts and take them further.

A bit like what Be did with BeOS in the 90's, but today.

Regards
    Kamelito

I think that all the work that Commodore did to improve the Amiga from 1984 to 1994 is surpassed by what Jay Miner and friends accomplished prior to the acquisition by Commodore, even though the time spent is double, or perhaps almost triple. Commodore did a very poor job at improving the Amiga (OS, software and hardware), compared to the genius shown to invent the Amiga "in the beginning".

I agree with TMHG, that the MorphOS Dev. Team has done as much, or more than the huge company that once was Commodore in their first 10 years of working on MorphOS, compared to the 10 years that Commodore worked on the Amiga.

That is an impressive feat for the 1 to 2 dozen MorphOS Dev. Team members and contributors working only in their spare time, when you think of the hundreds of people employed by Commodore working 40 hours per week.

[ Edited by amigadave 17.09.2015 - 07:52 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »17.09.15 - 16:51