• MorphOS Developer
    Nadir
    Quote:

Georg wrote:

They are largely the same. Of course some editing was/is necessary to have a good match with the corresponding earthmap image. The "source" timezone image on which the AROS one is based required heavy editing itself because of all the text/outline "overlay" which was there. Some rectangular areas (some islands in the middle of the oceans) were replaced by random hand painted pixel shapes. In the MOS timezone mask image there are pixel perfect copies of this

I honestly don't recall exactly how the polygon coordinates or the time zone shapes were created (I didn't do it mysel). However, from your explanation it is possible that it is somehow derived from the aros image. I will therefore make sure that this is added to the version string of the mprefs. In general, we have always been very grateful for the parts of Aros that we have been able to use (in line with the license). We also make changes available accordingly. Moreover, we have also tried to acknowledge Aros as much as possible in MorphOS, including generic attributions in the About... window.

I don't think it is now good to imply that it's somehow fine to use MorphOS work, in violation with its license while making an active decision to hide the origin of the work..

Best,

Nicholai
  • »12.09.15 - 11:26