• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    I doubt throwing money at attorneys is going to solve much. Some might argue the involvement of lawyers has caused plenty of unnecessary harm as it is.

Getting lawyers involved is never a good solution, except for the lawyers and their bank accounts.

Remember, what do you call x number of lawyers at the bottom of the Ocean (wearing concrete boots, - my addition, and where "x" equals your choice of any number, but the bigger the better, 100, 1,000, or 1 million)? ............

Answer - A Good Start!

Many politicians were/or still are, lawyers, before going into politics. Politicians make new laws which are so convoluted and difficult to understand, you have to be a lawyer to make sense of them, or hire a lawyer to explain most laws to you, insuring the need for lawyers in a self perpetuating cycle of greed and corruption. If I were omnipotent, I would have all laws re-written so that even a 10 year-old child could understand them, eliminate the entire concept of corporate entities, who's sole purpose is so rich people and companies can avoid responsibility for unlawful, or irresponsible actions, and/or to avoid paying their fair share of taxes, and lastly, I would make sure that rich and/or famous people were treated exactly the same by the judicial system as poor and so-called minority people, who are the majority of who gets judged unfairly and are filling up all the American jails and prisons.

As a former government employee, I know from first hand knowledge how wide spread government corruption and the self serving nature of rules & laws are. Plus how the distribution of tax money by government agencies for needed projects is biased toward serving the few, instead of the masses, and it will probably take some kind of massive public education leading to outrage and demonstrations on a scale never seen before in U.S. history, before anything will change.

Sorry for that tangent rant, go back to your normally scheduled discussion about the original topic (that also will not be resolved to any satisfaction for the injured person(s) by actions of the offending people(s), and it won't be cost effective to take any of it to court).
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »11.09.15 - 18:50