• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

boot_wb wrote:
    At best, it Illustrates a "no questions asked" approach to quality control and scrutiny when accepting contributions.
    The possibilities get worse from there.

With a real company one might expect an internal audit, at least of that contributor's submissions. With the deliberate removal of copyright notices though... Not even sure how that could take place. In the real world that behaviour would likely result in a job loss.

While I agree that Hyperion should consider NOT accepting any further contributions from the guy responsible for this and the MUI4 stealing, I don't expect a company with only 2 employees to even have a quality control policy of checking 3rd party contributions. AmigaOS4.x and Hyperion don't reside in the "Real World", but then similar statements can be made for all parts of the Amiga community these days. Plus, since Hyperion has so few people contributing anything toward moving AmigaOS4.x forward, they are desperate to accept what ever they can get.

I wish there were a way for Piru to enforce his rights and stop this kind of "slap in the face" behavior from happening again, without it costing him time and money that he would probably not recover from the offending party. The reality of the situation is that nothing will probably be done, and sadly, some of the AmigaOS4.x users and programmers are anti-MorphOS, so they don't care. I think that most of the AmigaOS4.x users I know are respectful and don't approve of this kind of behavior, but they don't object enough to do anything about it.

[ Edited by amigadave 06.09.2015 - 16:51 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »07.09.15 - 01:47