• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    AmigaOS4.x being owned and (mis)managed by Ben Hermans and Hyperion Entertainment is a huge problem for users, developers, and even hardware manufacturers, who want to use and support AmigaOS4.x.

I wonder why no one has successfully sued Mr. Hermans and/or Hyperion Entertainment for their misdeeds, or libelous statements?

Usually, I just try not to think about Ben Hermans, or Hyperion, but being an owner of an A-Eon AmigaOne X1000 computer, and a person who did not buy it to run any of the PPC versions of Linux, I am forced to pay some attention to what Hyperion does, and the (lack of) progress that they make on moving AmigaOS4.x forward.

As much as most of us disliked Amiga Inc. and where Bill McEwen was trying to take AmigaOS (before finally realizing that he still needed the Amiga user community, and deciding to contract a port of AmigaOS to PPC), I don't see how the change of ownership to Hyperion Entertainment has improved the situation for users (or programmers) wanting to run AmigaOS4.x.

Of course all of us here at MorphZone.org realize that MorphOS should have been the next official AmigaOS, and Amiga Inc. should have negotiated with the MorphOS Dev. Team to make that happen, but that ship has long since sailed and there is no going backward.

My nostalgic attachment to the original Amiga continues to cause me to hope that some improvements will be made in the way that AmigaOS4.x progresses, and that Hyperion Entertainment will some day deliver on all the promises they have made, but most of the time I just wish that someone could do to Hyperion Entertainment what they did to Amiga Inc., and AmigaOS4.x would some how end up in the hands of any other company, so it could be managed by more competent people, who also hopefully have the needed resources to move AmigaOS4.x forward.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »05.09.15 - 22:49