AmiWest 2015
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Doffo
    I was the one who did all that swapping a few years ago. So far the thing runs great to this day.

I managed to resurrect a 2.5ghz CPU set that I bought off ebay that leaked. Took a toothbrush and rubbing alcohol and scraped at the boards getting all the residue from the leakage off, then replaced the LCS with some normal active cooling heatsinks. Worked great and the damn things even Calibrated to the new board! I got lucky as I never previously had any luck calibrating CPUs. Most will just error out and I never found a fix for it. Changed fans and all and the same error kept popping up.

Maybe there is a CPU set for the cheap you can drop in. But beware, the fans will run at full bore since they need to be calibrated using the Apple Service Diagnostics CD. Even though, you are running a 50/50 chance they will even calibrate correctly. (Yes, you can attempt a calibration using the other heatsinks as my 2.5s calibrated just fine.)

Mileage may vary, but I got tired of the whirling fans and replaced all of them with some silent 12v fans going straight to the power supply.
    -=-=-=-
    YUUUP!
  • »28.09.15 - 19:21
    Profile Visit Website
  • Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    pan1k
    I'd be more than happy to ship my liquid cool CPUs for the cost of shipping, I am in the USA so it might be pricey.
    MacMini 1.5Ghz / Amiga 4000T Cyberstorm 060, 132MB RAM, Cybervision 64/3D, XSurf-III, MP3@64, Buddha Flash / Amiga 1200 GVP 030, Subway USB, 32MB RAM
  • »02.10.15 - 13:05
    tolkien
    What model is it? Is It Ok?
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »02.10.15 - 18:12
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Last chance to request, or suggest what software should be demonstrated during the 2015 AmiWest Show in Sacramento, California next week.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »10.10.15 - 08:03
    tolkien
    Soundbankster seems a good candidate.
    MorphOS: PowerMac G5 - PowerBook G4 - MacMini.
    Classic: Amiga 1200/060 - A500 PiStorm
  • »10.10.15 - 19:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I will have my Powerbook with me and just about everything on it I can think of that is worth showing off. I'll be with Dave at his table so come on by. It will be an amazing time!

I will also have my Doghouse Systems PC Laptop running the latest AmiKit release and OS4.1FE emulated in WinUAE.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »12.10.15 - 22:26
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Hey everyone! Reporting in from Amiwest 2015! I'm about to go down and help out at the classic clinic. Come by and say hello if you are at the Show.

-Paul
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »17.10.15 - 00:55
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Would you mind moving the cardboard box? It blocks the view on the AmiWest video stream :-)

Edit: Nevermind. They moved the camera.

[ Edited by ASiegel 17.10.2015 - 21:17 ]
  • »17.10.15 - 20:09
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    First day of the show went amazingly well! If you are in the area you should take the time to head over here tomorrow. Lots of great people on the floor to talk with!
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »18.10.15 - 06:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    I have sold 5 or 6 shirts so far, which is good, but I am sure I will have several after the show ends, so if anyone wants one of them, I have them in 3 different sizes. They are 100% cotton, so will shrink when washed and the sizes available are Large (L), Extra Large (XL), and Extra-Extra Large (XXL).

I am only asking $15 each for them, plus shipping charges to anywhere in the world, so if anyone wants one of them, let me know. The embroidery turned out very nice, and I have gotten compliments from everyone who has seen them.

I still can't get Steve Solie to purchase one, even though I offered him a discounted price, but he said that he probably couldn't, as it might cost him more than the purchase price, if he were to wear a MorphOS T-Shirt!

I told him I would settle for just Photo Shop picture of his head on a body wearing one of the shirts.
  • »18.10.15 - 18:49
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    I have sold 5 or 6 shirts so far, which is good, but I am sure I will have several after the show ends, so if anyone wants one of them, I have them in 3 different sizes. They are 100% cotton, so will shrink when washed and the sizes available are Large (L), Extra Large (XL), and Extra-Extra Large (XXL).

I am only asking $15 each for them, plus shipping charges to anywhere in the world, so if anyone wants one of them, let me know. The embroidery turned out very nice, and I have gotten compliments from everyone who has seen them.

I still can't get Steve Solie to purchase one, even though I offered him a discounted price, but he said that he probably couldn't, as it might cost him more than the purchase price, if he were to wear a MorphOS T-Shirt!

I told him I would settle for just Photo Shop picture of his head on a body wearing one of the shirts.

They are great shirts and well worth the $15.00! You wont find one like this again with an embroidered logo on it. Dave did a great thing offering them for just about what it cost him to get them made.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »19.10.15 - 04:49
    Profile Visit Website
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    BatteMan
    @AmigaDave : I can't find any photo of your shirt, can you upload one please ?

I can be interesting to buy one, but how many will cost shipping for France ?

Thank you very much.

--
    /me'll be proud to wear it at the Alchimie 0xb !
    Proud user of MorphOS since 2003 !
  • »19.10.15 - 09:09
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    First day of the show went amazingly well! If you are in the area you should take the time to head over here tomorrow. Lots of great people on the floor to talk with!

How was the overall reception to MorphOS?
  • »19.10.15 - 14:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > How was the overall reception to MorphOS?

"I am happy to say it got a lot of interest and plenty of people trying it out. Even managed to give away an iBook to a lucky person."
    https://morph.zone/modules/news/article_storyid_2245.html
  • »19.10.15 - 15:28
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    kriz
    Photo of shirt wanted aswell :)
    MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -
  • »19.10.15 - 20:05
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I'll get a photo of the shirt up tonight. Its all light blue with the White MorphOS lettering and the blue butterfly logo on the left breast of the front. Its embroidered as well. VERY NICE! The shirt is also a thick heavy T-Shirt material. Not a thin undershirt type.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »20.10.15 - 18:42
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    Here is a video of Acill sharing his Amiga and MorphOS history:
    https://youtu.be/90tkbUvGgVM?t=11954

Nice shirt :)

For people interested in seeing what the MorphOS t-shirts look like, you can see myself and Paul Resendez wearing them in the video that ASiegel has linked above. Look around the 23 minute mark of that video to see the shirts. It is a pale blue with white lettering for the MorphOS logo and has a detailed butterfly embroidered at the end of the MorphOS text.

Here is the "Proof" image the embroidery company sent me before producing the shirts.

Morphos_Sew-Out_zpsoi4f66el.jpg.html

It is shown in black thread, but the shirts were made using white thread in all places where the black thread is shown in the image.

Edit: Anyone wanting to order one or more of these shirts, send me your mailing address in a PM and I will calculate the shipping cost. It would be less expensive to ship several shirts to one person if you can find 3 or 4 other MorphOS users close to you who also want one of these shirts. That way you can divide the shipping cost between 3, 4, or 5 shirt buyers.

[ Edited by amigadave 20.10.2015 - 10:54 ]
  • »20.10.15 - 18:50
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I'll still get a nice picture of it out flat when I get home.
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »20.10.15 - 21:40
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Here are a few pictures I saved from the show.

https://goo.gl/photos/AoHW8uEtsnkm4oTc8
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »20.10.15 - 21:51
    Profile Visit Website
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    There are several members of MorphZone.org who are interested in buying one or more of my embroidered MorphOS t-shirts, but the mailing or shipping cost is rather expensive to send them to Europe. With that in mind, I have decided to lower the price of the shirts from $15, to just $12 each. Mailing cost is $26.50 for one, or $66.25 for a medium size box which I might be able to fit 5, or 6 shirts into.

Sending 6 shirts for $66.25 would make the shipping cost about $11.05 per shirt, so the total price per shirt would be $23.05. That appears to be the best price I can offer to sell the balance of the shirts, unless I can find a cheaper way to mail or ship shirts to Europe.

I'll have to get one of those medium boxes to make sure I can really fit 6 shirts into it, or if that number will have to be reduced to 5.

Edit: Nice pictures Paul, but it appears that neither you, or myself got a picture of the new pair of MorphOS banners/posters Chris Colin made for me (at no cost, which was very kind of him to do, as he is NOT a MorphOS user, and I believe he is mostly an AmigaOS4.x user).

[ Edited by amigadave 22.10.2015 - 19:46 ]
  • »23.10.15 - 03:43
  • jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    There are several members of MorphZone.org who are interested in buying one or more of my embroidered MorphOS t-shirts, but the mailing or shipping cost is rather expensive to send them to Europe. With that in mind, I have decided to lower the price of the shirts from $15, to just $12 each. Mailing cost is $26.50 for one, or $66.25 for a medium size box which I might be able to fit 5, or 6 shirts into.

Sending 6 shirts for $66.25 would make the shipping cost about $11.05 per shirt, so the total price per shirt would be $23.05. That appears to be the best price I can offer to sell the balance of the shirts, unless I can find a cheaper way to mail or ship shirts to Europe.

Hmm.. what I've been ordering some band t-shirts or CDs from US to Europe the postage has always been max $15. At least one receipe which I can see now says USPS Global Priority Mail. So.. would there still be some cheaper option with USPS... I'm not sure if the stuff has been sent as a package or a letter, but they usually come in letterish plastic packaging.

[ Edited by jPV 23.10.2015 - 10:25 ]
  • »23.10.15 - 08:15
    Profile Visit Website
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

I'll have to get one of those medium boxes to make sure I can really fit 6 shirts into it, or if that number will have to be reduced to 5.

How much does each shirt weigh? Do you know?

I think you can leave the 15 USD price as-is for now. Maybe someone on this forum can find a cheaper shipping option or will travel to the US and could take them back to Europe for free...

Quote:

Edit: Nice pictures Paul, but it appears that neither you, or myself got a picture of the new pair of MorphOS banners/posters Chris Colin made for me (at no cost, which was very kind of him to do, as he is NOT a MorphOS user, and I believe he is mostly an AmigaOS4.x user).

That was nice of him.

Actually, you can see two posters on one of AcillĀ“s pictures: Photo with Posters
  • »23.10.15 - 09:43
  • MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    At least thanks that you had some better setup to showcase MorphOS this time, this is definitely greatly appreciated, although the show has always been rather OS4 centric in the past.
  • »23.10.15 - 10:32
    Profile Visit Website
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    I got both of the banners in one of my pictures!
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
  • »23.10.15 - 12:54
    Profile Visit Website