• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Doffo wrote:
    The 1.25ghz overclocked to 1.5ghz runs great. Least so it runs cooler overall. Only thing i did was change out the big cpu fan.

Exactly! Do you have a G4 PowerMac that you have done this mod on (I know I have read about 1 or 2 other users doing this mod and using the single 1.25GHz G4 over-clocked to 1.5GHz, instead of a dual G4 CPU module, but I don't remember who had written that earlier forum message), and if yes, have you done any temperature recording and testing to show how much difference in heat production there is from the single over clocked 1.25GHz G4 running at ~1.5GHz, compared to the dual 1.42GHz G4 CPU module? Also, if yes, which heat sink did you use, and have you modified, or replaced any of the G4 PowerMac cooling fans to reduce the amount of noise your G4 PowerMac makes? I replaced the main CPU cooling fan in my MDD with a quieter fan, which has made a huge difference in the amount of noise my G4 MDD system makes while running MorphOS.

My MDD with the single 1.25GHz G4 running at ~1.5GHz has a problem that is preventing me from being able to upgrade to MorphOS3.9, which I have not yet resolved. It refuses to boot from a known working MorphOS3.9 install CD, and freezes up when trying to run the installation utility when booted from a MorphOS3.9 USB memory stick. I'll try again to upgrade to MorphOS3.9, instead of the MorphOS3.6 that system currently has working on it, but it is a low priority, since I have other registered MorphOS3.9 systems to use as display computers at the next AmiWest Show, and future events.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »11.09.15 - 18:18