• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Hi all, I just got a peg1 and installed morphos 3.9 onto it to have a play having been a amiga owner back in the 1.2 ks a500 days, looks slick but I'm having a bit of a issue with the network setup having gone through some other "learning curve" problems around defining a >4Gb ffs partition which the peg1 openfirmware couldn't read, and some cheap sata->ide converters which kept corrupting the disk partitions.

I ran through the gui setting my ip and netmask and hostname, and Ive had a look in the ENV:/sys/netconfig and its wrote the values for my hostname and nameserver into there.

ENV:sys/interfaces contains (but with real ip details not x.x.x.x sanitation):-

eth0 Device=DEVS:Networks/via_rhinepci.device Unit=0 DoOnline IP=10.0.0.5 Mask=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=10.0.0.1

The mossys:s/network-startup script calls netconfig autoconfig, and when that happens a debug window appears with :-
    date [err ]: S2_CONFIGINTERFACE: Invalid address

if I execute netconfig without the autoconfig flag I get the following error on the cmd line :-
    ENV:sys/net/Provider.conf: object not found
    The provider profile could not be opened:
    Cannot find interface : ENV:sys/Interfaces:2: object not found

Finally the ethernet socket on the peg1 board has the two leds lit when the rj45 is pushed home, and I've used the network cable leading to this on another machine previously and its known good. I have a working dhcp server on the network too and have tried it in dhcp/autoconfig mode in the gui also but no joy.

I did read that morphos does not come with a ip stack but the netstack binaries are there and installed, so possibly that is out of date so before I wreck it installing extra stuff I thought it was time to ask.

Could someone point me towards what I should be reading next to get the above resolved/debugged if I've missed it or suggest the next step if not?

I'm not sure if I have encountered a bug somewhere, theres a hardware problem with the peg1 board or I've just messed it up yet.

thanks
    MrFluffy
  • »11.08.15 - 15:10