Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 560 from 2004/4/15
Well, I studied computer science and I am developing in java,c, c++, objective c for linux, mac, windows, ios and android.
MorphOs is not really attractive to me.
The the API, the documentation and tools are quite different compared to other platforms.
What I am missing:
- Documentation in HTML (sorted by classes, structs, functions, topics)
- Gcc 4.8.x with c++11 support
- Virtual Memory (+protection)
- Tools like EMacs, Clion, git, sshd
- Libraries in c++
- Frameworks like Qt and Posix support
- Package Management
From a technical point of view MorphOs is really rusty and there aren't any reasons for other developers
to switch to MorphOS.
So in the end, I am still waiting for MorphOs NG, which throws away the old API and starts with a fresh approach.
To the current MorphOS developers: Can you give us some good reasons to develop for MorphOS?[ Edited by eliot 12.08.2015 - 05:11 ]