• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

XzIt wrote:

there is no 6, 5 was the last version made for Amiga.

Ms-Dos versions: Deluxe Paint II, Deluxe Paint II Enhanced, Deluxe Paint II Enhanced 2.0.
    even had a Atari ST version "Deluxe Paint ST" plus Mac version Deluxe Paint II.

X

Although I never saw or owned any of the PC, Atari, or Mac versions of DPaint, I was not doubting that they had been distributed, I just doubted that they had the exact same features and functions that the original Amiga version had.

If the other versions were just as good (or better), I suspect that I would have heard about them before, but maybe I am wrong, and the versions for other platforms were just as good at animating in particular, but I really doubt it.

Perhaps any lack of performance in other versions of DPaint's animation routines (if they don't animate as well as the Amiga version as I suspect) are due to the Amiga's superior hardware and OS integration, and not because the code is any different between versions on other platforms. Maybe I will try to find a used copy of DPaint for the PC, or Mac to test it's animation capabilities for myself to see if my assumptions are correct.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »04.08.15 - 15:15