• ASiegel
    Quote:

phoenixkonsole wrote:
    @ASiegel,
    not entirely true- I listen and learn.

My comment specifically referred to the Kickstarter project and its description, as brought up by redrumloa.

Quote:

The KS campaign wasn't meant to be successful. It is a low-cost PR-campaign with a 20%-discount offer for those interested in such things.

Is there a measurable amount of positive attention that can be gained from a starkly failed attempt at raising funds on IndieGogo or Kickstarter? (Honest question.)

Quote:

Tomorrow I will decide after a final phone call in which country the new company will be started. In the moment the following are on the table:
    uk, greece, cyprus, malta and estonia
    Reason is that I wan't to offer consumer loans also and those countries offer a banking license for moderate amount of money.
    My favorite one is Greece... 2nd is Estonia because of the moderate regulations.

Good luck with that. Running your own bank sounds like a pretty interesting thing to scratch of oneĀ“s bucket list.

Quote:

[banks] should not be the one who decide if a country gets insolvent and they should not be allowed to close and keep you away from your money.

Banks did not decide that Greece was bankrupt. Also, the reason why they had to temporarily close is that they were de-facto bankrupt themselves and were only kept afloat via outside loans from the ECB.

In the Wild Wild West that you referenced, banks would not merely have closed temporarily but closed for good and its customers would have lost all or at least parts of their savings. (Proper deposit insurance is a relatively recent invention compared to the Wild West days.)
  • »26.07.15 - 17:55