• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Welcome to MorphZone.org KuyaMarc!

My suggestion for you is to find someone (maybe yourself, if you can do soldering work) to repair your current G4 iBook, as it is a perfectly capable system for doing MorphOS programming work. If you can't do the soldering work yourself, then find someone else who lives close to you who can, and get an estimate of how much the work will cost. Alternatively, get prices for what it would cost to purchase any other Mac G4 systems within the Philippines. That way, you won't have to pay any import taxes, which would be required if anyone on this forum were to donate a system to you and ship it from outside the Philippines.

Perhaps then, one or more members of these forums, will decide to donate the money required to purchase your repairs, or to purchase a system local to where you are.

I would forget about getting an AmigaOne 500 system donated to you. They are not cheap, and I think you will find development on MorphOS3.9 is much less headaches than trying to develop for AmigaOS4.1FE. As other's have written in this thread, progress on MorphOS is faster and more complete than Hyperion has been able to provide for AmigaOS4.1FE users. Hyperion just does not seem to have the manpower to complete all of their goals in a timely fashion, and AmigaOS4.x users have been waiting many years for most of the things that Hyperion has promised. There is still no projected completion date for AmigaOS4.2 and all of the advanced features it is supposed to come with.

My suggestions for you come from experience, as I am an owner of many MorphOS systems, as well as an AmigaOne X1000 w/AmigaOS4.1FE (plus a huge collection of Commodore Amigas and a user of AmigaForever, AmiKit, via emulation on an Intel i7 laptop).

Good luck!

[ Edited by amigadave 16.07.2015 - 10:55 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »16.07.15 - 19:54