• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > using a new kernel (ExecSG) built by Hyperion

Rather built by the Frieden brothers and licensed to Hyperion :-) There was even a declaratory action about this.

> There is a 'classic' version that runs on Commodore Amigas equipped with a PPC expansion.

...and on WinUAE/FS-UAE emulating the same.

Don't mention the ROMS ;)

Quote:

> MorphOS [...] runs on Sam, Genesi and Apple PowerPC hardware
    > (Sam460-ex/cr, Pegasos I, Pegasos II

...Efika 5200B :-)

> nearly all Apple G4 desktops/laptops/minis/all-in-ones, some PowerMac G5s).

iMac "all-in-ones" are not supported at all.

..but some eMacs are.

Quote:

> AmigaOS4.x was built by the people who ported Freespace and Shogo from linux to AmigaOS

Hyperion ported Freespace from Windows to AmigaOS, and they ported Shogo from Windows to Linux, MacOS and AmigaOS.

> When running on the same hardware MorphOS outperforms AmigaOS in most (all?) areas

Do you have some benchmark results for MorphOS vs. OS4 on Sam460? (You know, comparing them on Pegasos II is unfair towards OS4 because <put idiotic reason here>.)

Actually I don't, just anecdotal from long before release, and not as comprehensive a statement as 'in all areas' :)

Quote:

> Amiga Forever and AmiKit [...] are emulation packages [...].

AmiKit is more like a pre-configured software package as it lacks the Amiga Kickstart ROM and OS. So it is advised to use AmiKit in conjunction with Amiga Forever, complementing each other.

Amikit includes the emulator (WinUAE) but not the roms or OS, hence the recommendation.

(me strikes 'correct Andreas_Wolf on something' from life's to-do list) ;)
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »16.07.15 - 12:56
    Profile Visit Website