• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    KuyaMarc
    Hello World! I'm Back! For the past several months, I've been heavily burdened with massive personal problems that hindered my advances with MorphOS, and now I'm back! My 18th year of GNU/Linux experiences is coming up on July 21st and I'm planning on focusing on AmigaOS or AmigaOS-like systems as my retirement hobby.

For the past several days, I have been wanting to run AmigaOS 4.1FE and started wishing for the AmigaOne 500. I'm wishing to retire my massive Unix & GNU/Linux system administration skills for AmigaOS development.

Since I am already working MorphOS on my broken iBook G4, I am wondering what advantages/disadvantages I will have, in the event I get a system that runs AmigaOS 4.1FE with the perspectives of End User and Development.

Maybe I am confused about what MorphOS really is, compared to Amiga Forever and AmiKit. I want to run an AmigaOS or AmigaOS-like system without emulation. I'm actually tired of tweaking configuration scripts to get an AmigaOS system running. I do like the idea of MorphOS, that it is usable 30 seconds after I press the power button. AmiPUP has the idea, but still runs AmiKit under GNU/Linux.

As for that AmigaOne 500 system I am wishing for, I have noticed that MorphOS will also work on it. That's a part that confuses me... MorphOS 3.9 vs AmigaOS 4.1FE.

Will I see any benefits in AmigaOS 4.1FE compared to MorphOS 3.9?

Note: I am a disabled person in the Philippines. Amiga hardware is not locally available and Philippine customs overtaxes (up to 3x) on imports.
    I AM NO LONGER A MORPHOS USER!
    I AM NO LONGER SUPPORTING MORPHOS!
    PLEASE DELETE ALL MY POSTS! PLEASE DELETE MY ACCOUNT!
  • »15.07.15 - 20:52