• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > business types who made the original Amiga come to life 30 years ago

Who of those business types from mid-80s was there at the show?

Sorry, I can't remember their names, but there were a few who were not software or hardware experts, but helped out with the business end of the organization prior to being bought by Commodore, as well as some Commodore business types who were at the beginning when the Amiga was first purchased. By "business types", I just mean people who did other things other than design hardware, or write code most of the time. Some of them may have had some part in writing software as well, but that does not seem to have been their primary jobs.

A couple of them gave a short talk during the day, but I did not get to watch, or hear it, as I was busy elsewhere. They wanted to give some perspective on the tasks that needed to be done, and share some of their memories of what happened back 30 years ago, to give contrast to all the software and hardware stories that were being shared by others.

David Morse was the primary guy in the beginning who took care of the business end of things, and his widow was in attendance during the show and the banquet dinner. Robert Peck's widow was also there, and I sat next to her at the banquet dinner. From what I understand of what was said, Peck wrote much of the early documentation & manuals for the Amiga. Peck and Morse may have also written code, but it seems that they are mostly remembered for other tasks.

[ Edited by amigadave 27.07.2015 - 13:52 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »27.07.15 - 22:48