• ASiegel
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:

I may need to re-download the files again, I'll check the files I have on my hard drive to see what I ended up with. I think I Right clicked each file to download them, not "Left Clicked".

"poster_cloud" should be in TIFF format and 28 MB in size. If it is a PNG file, then you have not downloaded the original files.

Quote:

I don't know how much a local printing shop will charge to make a 36" wide, or 48" wide poster size print of any of those images, but if it is less than $100 US dollars, I will try to get a new poster made for this event, and reuse it at later AmiWest Shows in the future as well.

For reference, FedEx charge 85 USD for a mounted and laminated 36 x24 inch poster. I would expect local copy shops to be a bit more expensive than that.

Quote:

If anyone wants to create a new poster design and send me the file for it, I may use it for my poster, instead of the images ASiegel has suggested and provided.

I am afraid you are not providing sufficient information for anybody to provide a print-ready poster design. For instance, 36" x 24" and 48" x 36" are some of the most common poster sizes in the United States. However, both sizes have different width-to-height ratios so you cannot use the same design for both sizes without further editing (cropping & scaling). Also, print companies usually request specific bleed margins to be added which requires knowledge of the final poster size and the company-specific bleed margin width.

Anyway, I can confirm that "poster_abstract" and "poster_cloud" should both be sufficiently detailed to be printed in 36" x 24" or 48" x 36" (but definitely not in bigger sizes).
  • »15.07.15 - 11:15