• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    boot_wb
    Quote:

uGod wrote:
    Is there a way to set up Ambient to show all files (not just the ones with an icon) always,
    in every folder, regardless of having an icon (for storing settings) for viewed folder or not?

Or to make the view mode stick until i change it? Like in DOpus for Windows.
    Tnaks.

The procedure outlined in post 3 works, but there seems to be a possible bug where Volumes with an icon ignore this setting and always display in icon mode regardless. :confused

I'm trying to narrow it down atm (volumes without an icon (such as the work drive) function normally... autosnapshotting is disabled... repurposing a new folder icon as disk.info on the work drive has the same effect... bah, maybe I just need another couple of coffees. :) )

Definitely needed coffee... volumes aren't folders. :-)

The setting works for folders just fine.
    For volumes, if there is no icon it also works just fine.

For volumes with an icon:
    - Open the volume (eg system: ) ;
    - Change to the desired view mode;
    - RMB on the window's titlebar, border, or on a section of the window between icons (anywhere but the panel where the browser buttons are) to bring up the context menu;
    - Select snapshot > window

You'll need to do that once for each volume with an icon. After that all volumes/folders should work as you want.

Note that you can snapshot the view mode of individual folders in this way also, which will override the default view for that folder.

Coffee rules. :-D

[ Edited by boot_wb 25.05.2015 - 10:34 ]
    www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk

UI: Powerbook 5,6 (1.67GHz, 128MB VRam): OS3.1, OSX 10.5.8
    HTPC: Mac Mini G4 (1,5GHz, 64MB VRam): OS3.1 (ZVNC)
    Audiophile: Efika 5200b (SB Audigy): OS3.1 (VNC + Virtual Monitor)

Windows free since 2011!
  • »25.05.15 - 11:14
    Profile Visit Website