• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I have 4 Powerbook 5,8 models, and they all exhibit the same behaviour with regard to wireless hardware - comparing Mac OSX to MorphOS and their sensitivity to locating and being able to utilise active wireless networks.

I also have 2 Mac Mini G4s and they too have the same problems - same distance from network router (within a couple of centimetres) and either cannot find the wireless network if I move to a slightly more remote point at which Mac OSX can use the wireless network, wheras MorphOS cannot either find the network &/or is unable to acquire a good enough signal to use it.

Mac OSX shows a FULL signal, when MorphOS shows either no signal at all or an extremely weak signal strength - from the same position, and is unable to acquire the network.

I cannot believe you are thinking that I am just imagining this issue, when I am complaining that the same hardware cannot find the wireless network from the same position that a Mac OSX machine is able to find and acquire a full signal.

I know the thread was begun for a slightly different, but associated topic, however, I feel justified in doing so as the issues about Wi-Fi seem to be inter-related - and my hesitance about uprading to MOS v3.8 when others are clearly having issues with Wi-Fi, and the already existing poor network acquisition is still an issue.

So my comments seem justified, and should be brought to the attention of those interested to know of such valid problems with Wi-Fi on MOS to get them addressed & fixed.

However this metal WW2 battle tank plate embedded in the back of my head may be affecting the signal when I turn my head all the way around to face backward as I sit here isolated in my Faraday cage. - :-D
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »21.05.15 - 01:57