• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I won't be updating my MorphOS v3.7 to v3.8 on my Powerbook 5,8 until these issues/lock-up have been fixed.

In any case, I find that where Mac OSX 10.4.11, and/or 10.5.8 can find and use one of my wireless networks, that MorphOS cannot even find it until I am about 1/2 (half) the distance away from the wireless router, which frankly is pretty poor, and needs to be fixed so that MorphOS can utlise a wireless network from the same distance from its source as Mac OSX.

Just for information I usually use a Netgear RangeMax router, though I have other wireless hardware, such as an Edimax wireless router which the Powerbook running MorphOS v3.7 also struggles to find that hardware.

It doesn't seem to be the Wireless base station hardware that is the issue, it is the failure of the ability of MorphOS's to detect and utilise the signal from greater distances from the used wireless hardware - compared to Mac OSX, and that is the same also for my Mac Mini G4.

I hope these issues are fixed very soon as they are very annoying, and put me off using wireless hardware with MorphOS, from other than within a couple of metres of the wireless router that I am using at the time. :-(
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »20.05.15 - 13:50