• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    BSzili
    Quote:

Epsilon wrote:
    Hi All,

I am trying to install Morphos 3.8 on my sam460cr, alongside amigos4.1 final edition.

The partition layout of my 1TB SATA disk (on PCI 3114 controller) is:

DH0: AmigaOS4.1 FE (10GB - SFS)
    DH1: OSBackup (10GB SFS)
    DH2: Work (800GB - SFS2)
    DH3: Morphos (30GB - SFS)
    DH4: Data (70GB - SFS)

I can boot from the MorphOS 3.8 cd, selected the MorphOS 3.8 partition DH3, made sure it is set as bootable, and installed the files.

However I can't see any way to boot from it, unless I adjust the boot priorities of the partitions. I wanted to know if there is any way to do this so I can boot either one?

I can see the partition from AmigaOS4.1 (which still boots). When I try to change the boot priorities to prefer Morphos partition the media toolbox says there is an error in the rdb that needs correcting. This didn't exist before the morphos 3.8 install so I guess it installed something in the rd. that os4.1 doesn't like...I reinstalled the slab_v2 into the rdb to restore things so amigos4.1 disk tool stops complaining. I adjusted the boot priority so morphos is prioritised, but doesn't boot.

I can't find any instructions on how to do this dual boot configuration on the sam (unless I missed something), so I am asking for help.

Please forgive me - I have little knowledge of SLB or the boot loader on the sam as this system is new for me, so please don't assume I know how to configure it.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Catcha,
    Epsilon

You might want to check out this boot loader suggested by m3x:
    http://www.acube-systems.biz/download/ub2lb-0.93.zip
    This is just like television, only you can see much further.
  • »18.05.15 - 19:02
    Profile Visit Website