• MorphOS Developer
    bigfoot
    Quote:

Epsilon wrote:
    As an update - I also took a new hd and installed MorphOS 3.8 on the sam460 without amigos4.1 hard disk installed. This worked ok, however after booting into MorphOS the screen update on window dragging is seriously slow - and I mean slow.

I have a Radeon HD RV730 PCI-e card installed.

As mentioned in the readme, those cards are only supported as a framebuffer for the time being. This means no acceleration of any kind. You'll need a (properly) supported graphics card if you want 2D, 3D, overlay, etc. On the Sam460 this currently means a Radeon in the X1000 series.

Quote:

Also, there is no sound support for the envy24 ht pci-e sound card installed on the sam460cr (Acube sells this with the system along with the SATA 3114 PCI card).

I believe there is a third party driver for such cards that might work for you. However, no one has tested that yet as far as I know, so please report back if it works. You'll probably also need to install OpenPCI.
    I rarely log in to MorphZone which means that I often miss private messages sent on here. If you wish to contact me, please email me at [username]@asgaard.morphos-team.net, where [username] is my username here on MorphZone.
  • »16.05.15 - 09:44
    Profile Visit Website