• Fab
  • MorphOS Developer
    Fab
    @Raf_MegaByte

You seem rather confused about what causes that leak... So let's rule out all the unrelated factors :

- It has *nothing* to do with network connections setting
    - The problem doesn't reside in WebKit caching system
    - I developed the F12 key cache purge option on MorphOS, so of course it works, but it only purges what can be purged (images, fonts, css, scripts, internal caches), which leads us to the real leak reason : JavascriptCore memory handling.

JavascriptCore allocate (lots of) memory blocks in virtual memory and these blocks can only be released when all runtime references created inside these blocks (javascript variables, objects, whatever) are released, which is unfortunately not often the case, due to several reasons (also related to bad javascript programming habits, actually).

I don't know if they fixed this since the latest build i tried. It seems unlikely.

That said, i can still use OWB for days without exhausting my memory, and that includes youtube videos, facebook and other resource hungry pages. And when the memory requester appears, pressing 'quit' most often works, actually.
  • »09.05.15 - 10:44
    Profile Visit Website