• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    OWB for MorphOS is afflicted by obnoxious bug that slowly erodes RAM. During intense websurfing or after watching 2 or 3 videos all system RAM got occupied at 95% or more forcing user to close OWB and loading it again forcing it release memory. Or worse, Webkit fails to allocate n-th bytes letting OWB going berserk bomb without freeing memory so it is necessary to reset whole machine.
    But OWB is not guilty for that.
    The bug lies in Webkit as I heard. This fact is hidden on MacOS or Windows as they benefit of virtual memory, so Webkit could run with no apparent fault as it will just messing with an amount of memory as big as whole hard disks installed on these system.
    It is no mecessary to spot this bug on these systems, hence thus developers of Webkit never had interest in correcting the bug. unfortunately this fact is obnoxious on our 1 GB RAM MacMinis, and 1,5 GB RAM Pegasos or Powerbook machines.
    I wonder if there is people in whole Amigaland who want to donate in a bounty open to any Amiga developers who will inspect behaviour of OWB with webkit html rendering engine in order to locate the bug and get rid of it once and for all.
    I will donate for it, if a bounty will be issued, and you?

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 08.05.2015 - 18:22 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »08.05.15 - 17:28