• Just looking around
    Epsilon
    Hi All,

I went to Amiwest last year for the first time, and didn't know what to expect. I found it was a great event with friendly people, all passionate about the Amiga, in whatever form.

I was an exhibitor at the event and brought a MorphOS 3.7 Powerbook G4, Icaros Desktop laptop and a Minimig to display at the show itself.

By far the most interest at my table was in the MorphOS build - a number of people attending were genuinely curious about it and asked me plenty of questions about it. Showing people how it worked in the flesh opened plenty of eyes I think.

I think there is a place for MorphOS at AmiWest every year. It is not an OS4 only show - indeed a lot of the focus there is on Classic Amiga systems from what I observed.

AmigaOS4 gets attention because Amigakit/A-eon are there each year, they support the event financially as a sponsor and they tend to do announcements of new products there too.

I would expect that if MorphOS team representatives were present with an exhibitor stand and wanted to launch 3.8 or run presentations (live streamed to the world) about MorphOS at AmiWest (for example), there would be plenty of interest in it. Having the X5000 and Sam460 versions of MorphOS to show off at AmiWest would be fantastic! ;-)

I can't comment on what has happened in the past (I don't know the history I'm afraid), but this year is the 30th anniversary of Amiga. It would be great to put the bad feelings of the past aside and have all the various Amiga systems, Classic and NextGen (AROS, MorphOS and AmigaOS4) represented at AmiWest.

Catcha,
    Epsilon
  • »07.05.15 - 02:42
    Profile Visit Website