• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Raf_MegaByte
    Quote:

WB_Coder wrote:
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

I don't understand why the stretch goals were priced so high though. Surely it does not cost $40,000 extra to rent some part of the computer museum hall for the 2 day show event? Also the streaming of the event should not cost the amount they added for that first stretch goal.

As far as I remembe, when the Amigos in California started campaign they claimed they will had rented the Museum rooms for one day only.
    As soon as campaign reached $18.000 they announced that the event will last for two days instead of one only.
    So then sponsors covered one day only event. Kickstarter allowing instead 2 days event.

Also it seems to me that Museum is selling services from a list, and for example, you can't simply hire your own catering service for the banquet, but it is something Museum offers at fixed price, and so on with availability of opening time to public in the daylight period, presence of hostesses and stewards, use of Wi-Fi facility , streaming from the event, tele-conference service, permission to filming in the museum rooms, etcetera...

It is like in wedding ceremonies.

You pay a starting minimum price for the base services, and any service that you want to add to the ceremony will cost the spouses an extra fee.

Quote:

Why is there not more news about similar 30th Anniversary Amiga events in Europe?

As long as I know in Europe they have a full list of sponsors, so the event was covered directly by those donors (but alas they asked any donation help as a bonus to provide extra facilities at the event) , and also luckily for them, ordinary tickets are already sold. You can buy only high prices tickets for V.I.P. only.

Although I hope that Computer end Retrocomputing Exhibits in California and in Amsterdam will be open to public (we need di show common people Amiga is still alive), while those who paid the ticket, will attend a private gathering and obviously conferences and banquet.

If they were in difficult, they could had hired a crowdfunding campaign too, then, and they didn't...

But now my main questions are:

Who in MorphOS camp will attend event in USA and who will attend event in Amsterdam?

1) There will be any representatives of MorphOS Team invited or already contacted?

Sure A-EON is ready to present to public the announced MorphOS porting for their X5000 machine, and I think they will take the chance of these events in order to present it officially..Representatives of MorphOS Team sure will attend then.

2) WIll be Any Morpher presenting his machines at exhibits?

3) Is there somewhere a precise script lineup of events in order to show various features of MorphOS in an organic form, or a list of features demoing MorphOS in the detail ready to be shown at magazines or TV journalists who will visit the event?

[ Edited by Raf_MegaByte 17.04.2015 - 09:32 ]
    Bill Gates "Think!", Steve Jobs: "Think different!" So... Let these guy continue blabbering thinking and enjoy computing! We are on Amiga!
  • »17.04.15 - 08:11