• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    WB_Coder
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Ding ding ding ding ding. I think I understand now. A-Eonkit is paying for rent on the room. The $20K is being used for paid appearances by historical Amiga figures.

Oh well. I just hope the donators know what they are getting.

You are getting cynical and bitter in your old age. I don't remember you being so negative years ago, and I don't see the event as a promotion for A-Eon, or Hyperion, or AmigaOS4.x users. It mentions MorphOS and AROS, as well as AmigaOS in its pages and seems to be fairly neutral and welcoming to all people interested in the original Amiga. I can't hardly blame A-Eon for using it as yet another opportunity to advertize their products and company, that is what companies do, if they have any kind of advertizing budget.

I don't understand why the stretch goals were priced so high though. Surely it does not cost $40,000 extra to rent some part of the computer museum hall for the 2 day show event? Also the streaming of the event should not cost the amount they added for that first stretch goal.

Why is there not more news about similar 30th Anniversary Amiga events in Europe?
    WB_Coder = Wanna Be Coder
  • »17.04.15 - 02:56