• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

Yasu wrote:
    Features are nice but not a part of the core OS. I thibk you should count a non beta as when all planned core features have been added and it's expected to work for the end user. I remember the AOS4 pre-releases, and people where told that it wasn't completely stable. But if they where called "pre-releases" mainly because of politics, then we have a termenology problem.

First non beta should be core OS feature complete and expected to work.

As of AROS, I mentioned 1993 because talks started back then, but the first line of code was written and released in 1995. I meant it as an argument for AROS development started in 1995, and not 1993.

Unknown goals, moving targets, unknown road maps, and subjective opinions about acceptable quality for end-user releases still makes this impossible IMHO. Multiplied by 3. Or 4?

This picture however shows selective milestones in evolution of the operating system for Amiga as well as its various forks or alternatives, focusing on when things moved from "just talk" to "something for the public to play with" (in other words: the divide of vapor and products, the first and one of the most important mile stones in any of those projects from a historical perspective). The picture is an update from an old picture (which had several errors) that I made as a response to this picture from the Amiga OS Wikipedia page (which is terribly wrong in so many ways, and also outdated!).

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »05.03.15 - 14:41