• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    connor
    @OlafSch
    Ten, fifteen years ago everyone waited for Hyperion to succeed and take over the (Amiga) world. This is the reason why so many people did not go into MorphOS or AROS - because both was not the “official” way. The PR machinery of a certain lawyer and his neverending claim “all but us are illegal” (without ever any proof) destroyed the last hopes for a collaboration and common development of the different camps (which was totally what that certain person aimed for). But other than thinking on their own ("hey man, he just claims and he is a studied lawyer. If it is his daily profession for decades, why can't he bring the slightest proof to his claim?") many people liked what he said and followed their shepherds who told them “go the official way no matter what it will bring, no matter what it will cost, no matter when (if?) it will ever be available. Never look aside or you will get blind. I will SUE you until you get blind!!!”. Those phrases held back many many people from better alternatives (AROS and MorphOS). The OS4 followers put all their expectations into Hyperion and claimed “Hyperion will rule them all” by repeating those phrases again and again. No one at that time would have thought that Hyperion will suck completely at maintaining the AmigaOS. No one but … well … all those who knew that Hyperion was a company for porting games which has totally completely absolutely definitely nothing to do with developing an operating system. So no one but everyone outside Hyperion and their sheeps. Hyperion did not just f:ck up OS4 but the whole Amiga scene. Thanks, Hyperion!

Quote:

The "pain" can be solved easily, drop "NG"

This is … well: like telling Microsoft: “some old Win95 applications do not run anymore with Windows 8. Simple solution: throw away all improvements and go back to make it run with Win95”.

Quote:

We will see how the situation will be in a year from now, I do not believe that much will improve regarding "NG".

Me either. It will take years, I guess. Until then I enjoy my system without penetrating others all day why their system sucks. Could you do the same, maybe?

Quote:

If you look f.e. on facebook pages you can see how much bigger the potential 68k market is compared to NG, you also see it when looking at amiga 68k orientated hardware projects, activity on 68k orientated forums, there is nothing NG related that can compare.

So if we cannot compare to you, why do you always come here to boast your <peep> we can never reach? Go facebook, stay 68k but don’t tell a CinePlex “hey man, remember good old black/white movie days? Your colour movies suck and I know better than you. Go back and buy a b/w projector, I want you to show me the real movies (although I know that you can because already have them all, hahaha)”. Are you a lawyer maybe?
  • »23.06.16 - 20:08