• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Kronos wrote:
    @amigadave

The only thing McBill would have done (or better tried as he was and is a complete failure) is coming up with an investment-scam around OS4.

Cos that is what Amino has been about from the start.

Yes, I agree that McBill was (and is) nothing more than a con man trying to make a quick dollar any way he can, but towards the end of his ownership of the IP rights to AmigaOS, he realized that non of his other scams were working out, and that there was still some interest in a continuation of AmigaOS on PPC hardware. Even though McBill never created anything tangible, I am sure he would have found someone else, or some other way to move forward with AmigaOS4.x, if he had not contracted Hyperion to do the port to PPC. In fact, if there had not been the interference of Hyperion and their scheme to steal the IP rights to AmigaOS from McBill, there is a strong possibility that McBill would have reconsidered the offer of the MorphOS Dev. Team, or reached some kind of compromise with regards to ownership of the new code created.

Wow, what a difference that would have made. Just imagine how different things would be if there were no Hyperion involvement in the Amiga universe, and MorphOS was supported by all NG Amiga users (maybe not the AROS group, as they only wanted Open Source from the beginning) from the start, as the official continuation of AmigaOS. I believe we would be much better off, and years ahead of where we are now, and that it would have made a difference even on the hardware choices that A-Eon has made, or A-Eon would have never needed to be created, if Amiga Inc. and AmigaOS4 (created by the MorphOS Dev. Team) were the reality we had lived through, instead of the impossible situation of a thief dragging a struggling company with a con man running it through years of court battles. If I remember correctly, McBill contacted, or was contacted by Ralph Schimdt and the MorphOS Dev. Team first, well before the contract to create AmigaOS4 was awarded to Hyperion.

No use speculating how things would be though, as that boat has sailed long ago, and can never return.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.06.16 - 19:56