• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    I just can't see me going back to 68k for everyday/productivity use, it would just be too big step backwards when comparing to MorphOS. And I can't see why anyone would develop such software for 68k anymore. Would anyone seriously expect someone using such software under emulation if their main OS is something else? Real and emulated HW is also way too limiting. Speed can be good, but all the other limits by HW and OS.

I've kept my 68k Amigas up and running and use them weekly, but they're used purely for gaming and demos nowadays. It just would be unpleasant to go back to OS3.x with productivity use, I just love the _existing_ improvements on MorphOS too much and take them for granted now. If something should be emulated, it should be some MorphOS compatible machine, and not the old Amigas with their restrictions.

68k scene seems to be nowadays more like "Look I can do this and add this with this old machine! How cool! We're getting this and that soon(tm)!" which results one test with the end product by the end user, and maybe photo of doing it, but do they actually use any new things for real (except some HW addons)? I don't think so. It's old games which people use 68k machines really.

[ Edited by jPV 23.06.2016 - 17:14 ]
  • »23.06.16 - 12:58
    Profile Visit Website