• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

OlafSch wrote:
    @ASiegel

A number of developers return (I can remember one here posting recently) because it seems that it is offering more fun and additional it will give them more potential users and easier distribution because you can run it almost everywhere.

"Fun" is subjective and individual. Of course many people enjoy retro computing, there are different things appealing to different people about it. Nothing wrong with that. The C64 scene is also full of fun-having people I heard. Good for them!

But what you seemingly constantly fail to understand is that not everyone is interested in retro computing. Some wants an evolved environment. There is no right or wrong here, just different scopes and interests, and they are not the same thing, so they are not interchangeable.

Quote:

The "pain" can be solved easily, drop "NG"

Or make it truly NG. Which is what us NG people are interested in. Going retro is sufficient if you like to play with the old, real gears, but that's not the issue here really.

Quote:

We will see how the situation will be in a year from now, I do not believe that much will improve regarding "NG".

The NG is a long term project, don't pretend otherwise, and please don't set up nonsense deadlines.

Quote:

If you look f.e. on facebook pages you can see how much bigger the potential 68k market is compared to NG

Yeah, and if you look at web traffic of AmigaWorld.net and Morph.zone it's obvious that OS4 is so much more alive, right? Lol! :-) Look, there is no market, nowhere! Development isn't market driven, not anywhere. It's all down to personal interest.

Quote:

you also see it when looking at amiga 68k orientated hardware projects

I see Jens is about to release a new "A1200". That's interesting from a retro point of view, I would have considered it myself at a reasonable price, as some kind of a toy. But that's about it, IMHO, and it will be a one-time happening.

Quote:

there is nothing NG related that can compare.

Apples and oranges.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »23.06.16 - 12:58