• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    ....... What I really meant in my first post is if you want legacy support, it is not required at the OS level. Emulation has become a more than acceptable solution.

And, if you just want to run legacy software that capability is available on a lot of platforms.

What we will have with an X64 platform for MorphOS is the best Amiga like OS running on more capable hardware, with full support for features that legacy support limits.

It should be too cool.

Edit - I think we are really leaving Hyperion in the dust with this move.

MorphOS Dev. Team left Hyperion "in the dust" a long time ago. In fact, I don't think that Hyperion has ever been close enough behind the MorphOS Dev. Team to even see them flying further ahead at an ever increasing pace. Without A-Eon and AmigaKit support, would we even have any progress made on AmigaOS4.x anymore, or would Hyperion have just given up (as they probably should do), and just Open Source the OS and write off their losses as a tax loss, if that is possible. There is no doubt in my mind that the Amiga community would do a much better job at upgrading AmigaOS4.x at a much faster pace, than Hyperion has done with their limited (almost non-existent) resources and budget. Development of AROS has been slow, but not as slow, or as misdirected as AmigaOS4.x. I often wonder if AmigaOS4.x users maybe would have been better off if Hyperion had never tricked "McBill" into losing the IP rights to AmigaOS? McBill certainly couldn't have done much worse than Hyperion has done in the same amount of time Hyperion has been in control, and McBill maybe would have sold the rights to someone more capable, or otherwise found a way to get development going again, perhaps with community funded support, or perhaps funding from Trevor and Matthew, in exchange for a percentage of the sales? Who knows what might have happened, but I can't imagine anything that would be much worse than what we have now with Hyperion in control.

Edit: (spelling and grammar corrections)

[ Edited by amigadave 22.06.2016 - 22:51 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.06.16 - 04:41