• Jim
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    No Dave, I expect it to be a very familiar environment.
    And we can hope for a good uae port.
    That shouldn't be a problem with an X64 system.

But if all you want is legacy software, emulation has gotten pretty damned impressive at this point.

I was just discussing this with a friend who stopped by to drop off a CD32 system (a neat little toy, I may just burn all my legacy games to CDs for that).
    And what we can now do under emulation surpasses what legacy hardware can do.
    It seems to be encouraging new development.

With a faster X64 processor we will actually see an improvement in the performance of legacy software.

As titles are still being introduced for the 68K Amiga, AND the new software usually demands high end hardware, emulation is a bright spot in our future.

After all, it is much cheaper to buy an X64 system than it is to obtain a well expanded Amiga.
    And those are much more capable than legacy systems.

What I really meant in my first post is if you want legacy support, it is not required at the OS level.
    Emulation has become a more than acceptable solution.

And, if you just want to run legacy software that capability is available on a lot of platforms.

What we will have with an X64 platform for MorphOS is the best Amiga like OS running on more capable hardware, with full support for features that legacy support limits.

It should be too cool.

Edit - I think we are really leaving Hyperion in the dust with this move.

[ Edited by Jim 22.06.2016 - 11:16 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »22.06.16 - 14:14