• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    You should probably stay with emulation.
    Personally, I have a couple of legacy systems for Amiga software.
    But the latest emulators do a great job of running legacy software with what ever hardware you would like to be emulated.

I am relatively sure that most of us are ready to jetison legacy compatibility.
    After all, old Amiga software is just that...old (and pretty obsolete).

So what is likely to move to X86 is the best features that MorphOS has (enhanced without the constraints that legacy compatibility requires), not necessarily features of AmigaOS.

I think that MorphOS is very "Amiga-Like" (though I dislike that term), when compared to anything other than the "Real" thing (AmigaOS1.0 to AmigaOS3.9), or AmigaOS4.1FE. Those are the only two OSes that can claim a more original Amiga experience (IMO), that I know of. MorphOS is more advanced and faster than any other Amiga inspired OS, and I expect that it will remain very "Amiga-Like", even after the platform switch to x64. I expect the MorphOS Dev. Team to keep all the best features of our current MorphOS, lose the Petunia compatibility layer, and give us real 64bit, memory protected and text book SMP.

Those are my expectations anyway, and from what little has been shared about the goals of the team, I don't think my expectations are far off from what they are working to accomplish. Maybe some of you have heard or read news that tells a different story?

[ Edited by amigadave 22.06.2016 - 00:37 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »22.06.16 - 06:36