• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    @Ozfer

Welcome to the blue camp :-)

Yes, Amiga is very different from everything else so you have a pretty steep learning curve here. You are spot on that we have a terrible lack of modern software, which is sadly not likely to improve anytime soon. But there are still a lot of useful software out there if you just know where to look.

Any OS friendly app that doesn't bang the Amiga hardware should work with only minor bugs in MorphOS. Just ask what kind of software you need and chances are there is a working clone of it somewhere.

As for the crashes, it does sound like a hardware problem as MorphOS don't crash by doing nothing. My guess is the RAM.

There is a roadmap to change to another CPU and update the OS so it will have all modern features needed. But the Team don't have shedules as they never know if they can deliver on time. They usually just tell about upcoming features when it's 100% sure it will come.

MorphOS is a hobby OS, and the Team makes very little money out of it. If you find it too expensive for you then that is fine. Just play around with the free version instead. And if you change your mind you can pay whenever you want.

If you want some tips you can visit my blog: www.morphosuser.wordpress.com. I made it with beginners in mind.

Once again, welcome!
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »13.06.16 - 09:47
    Profile Visit Website