• Just looking around
    I'm new here and the high price really scares me. I am one of those people who just like to try out different OS and hardware, and happened to have a powerbook laying around for the past few years so the other day I loaded morph onto it to try it out. I really like that it is something different but what really scare me is lack of software, among other stability issues. First of I am new the the whole Amiga thing so I don't have too many retro expectations, all I know is compared to other systems the amount of software seems low and the usability is very different. I have had to relearn how to use this system as nothing is the same as anything else I have ever used. I have had many performance and usability issues that would not make me want to spend $125. Many times the whole system randomly locks up on me or crashes and Im forced to reboot. This combined with the bleak future outlook (How long can we continue using outdated powerpc hardware that apple stopped making 10+ years ago? and is this very feasible). youtube videos in the lowest quality stutter and major web services fail to load at all without any flash support. Basic HTML pages run the CPU up to 100% for a good 20 seconds and im using the 1.67GHz powerbook 2GB DDR2 ram fastest one ever made. ATI RAGE stopped hitting the mark 10 years ago....
  • »13.06.16 - 04:22