• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > The whole Sam460 port only exists because of the X5000. If the X5000 board
    > would have been available earlier, there probably would not be a Sam port
    > at all. The Sam460 and the X5000 are quite similar

Thanks for the insight. Could you please explain these similarities between the Sam460 and the X5000 (or alternatively, have some lowlevel developer like bigfoot do it), please?

I am out here. This is what I was told about the reasons the x1000 was off the list, as it is completly different.

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Hyperion is probably busy with the next project (tabor) already. I personaly
    > have no clue why they sit on an stack of high priced boards and not selling
    > them. However they will have to compete with MorphOS once again

Strangely, this reads as if you see A-Eon and Hyperion as a single entity.

Well, Hyperion is the company composing the OS. No clue what their relationship with A-Eon is, but I would insist in finishing the X5000 port to avoid money rotting in the basement, where stacks of X5000 are stored.

Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > So just a limited number of boards supported by both systems at the same time.

And there's still the audio problem with MorphOS on the Sam460cr, isn't it?

The Sam460cr has no audio, so no problem at all. The other SAM460s are fully supported by MorphOS.

You probably can stuff in some Envy-Card to get sound. No clue about the limitations/number of the board and the pci slots.

USB Audio would be a solution here, but USB-iso transfer would be required for that.
  • »09.06.16 - 17:46