• MorphOS Developer
    geit
    Quote:

FerociousAmiga wrote:
    Does MorphOS have Guru Mediation screen? I crashed my Rune Audio on my Raspberry Pi and my surprise it gave me a Guru Mediation screen. Good Old memories! :D

No it doesen´t.

We removed the crash part, so no need for a Guru Meditation.

Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

"Abandon the X5000 port.."

Say what?!

I'm counting on that to run the X5000 I intend to buy.
    Otherwise, why buy one? ;)

Just relax. The X5000 port was shown with MorphOS the first time over a year ago. - Working! -.

So no need to abandon anything. The whole Sam460 port only exists because of the X5000. If the X5000 board would have been available earlier, there probably would not be a Sam port at all. The Sam460 and the X5000 are quite similar, so the SAM was used to adapt MorphOS years before the X5000 was available (for developers).

At the end the MorphOS got (and gets) tons of changes when the X5000 finally is available for the masses, which will probably still take a while as Hyperion is probably busy with the next project (tabor) already.

I personaly have no clue why they sit on an stack of high priced boards and not selling them.

However they will have to compete with MorphOS once again and - unlike the Pegasos2 - on their playfield. Yes, there is the Sam, too. But since the MorphOS Team is supporting graphic boards one by one, supporting 2d and 3d Hyperion or who ever develops drivers is jumping to insane high end models mostly supported partly. So just a limited number of boards supported by both systems at the same time.
  • »09.06.16 - 15:55