• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

FerociousAmiga wrote:
    Also just noticed a paid version of AROS (AEROS) for the Raspberry Pi. Who knows how stable.

It is a hosted on Linux version of AROS, so I don't see why it wouldn't be stable. It should be as stable as the Linux distro it is hosted on top of, which I would guess is very stable, since Linux has been running on the Raspberry Pi (original and later versions) for a long time.

I have been meaning to install and try AEROS on my RPi2 for the past year, but seem to always put off the installation in favor of doing something else instead. Maybe this month will be the month I get off my ass and get it installed, so I can see how far along AEROS has come, and how useful it would be for me to use as a media player on my big screen TV, as well as playing an occasional Amiga game via UAE, and a bit of web browsing from the living room couch, instead of turning on my Windows laptop.

If the performance is adequate (in my eyes), I think I will use it often, as I like the ideas and principles behind AEROS, meaning the combined ability to run an Amiga-Like (hate that term) OS, and also be able to run much more software (Linux content), seamlessly via the Linux OS hiding just under the skin of AEROS.

I understand that the idea of AEROS is repulsive to many long time Amiga users, but to each their own.

[ Edited by amigadave 08.06.2016 - 11:42 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »08.06.16 - 17:40