• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > All version should be in the same price.

I think it's only fair that MorphOS for systems with limited use (e.g. Efika 5200B) is available for a lower price.

> I have seen used G4 PowerBook on Craig's List for USD $50. Now lets exaggerate
    > and say it's $100. How does this justify the USD $126 for the OS?

I have seen used MorphOS-compatible systems go for free. How does this justify paying any money for the OS?

Detailed answer to this by ASiegel:
    http://morph.zone/modules/newbb_plus/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11659&forum=3&start=21

> I can get a PPC version of Linux for free [...] or use OS X Leopard at the most.

OSX for PPC has not seen an update in almost 7 years. And comparing with Linux, even Windows and OSX are exorbitantly overpriced.

> They also should consider expanding to another platform like ARM (eg: Raspberry Pi).

The announced long-range objective is to port MorphOS to x86-64 / x64 / AMD64 / Intel 64.

> New PPC hardware doesn't seem to be readily available for a few years now... 2012?

In terms of mobile/desktop/workstation PPC hardware, there're at least 4 projects in the works (in descending order by degree of completion):

1. AmigaOne X5000 (Cyrus Plus) by A-Eon (to be supported by next MorphOS release)
    2. AmigaOne A1222 (Tabor) by A-Eon
    3. Talos Secure Workstation (and mainboard) by Raptor
    4. GNU/Linux PowerPC notebook
  • »06.06.16 - 16:27