• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma schrieb:

Of course every consumer would want a price (of any product) as close to 0 (zero) as possible, that's a given. No need to discuss that. And honestly, these license fees aren't *feeding* (like: put food on the table) any developers of the OS. But they want *something*, and this is what they ask. If you want what they offer, put the money on the counter, it's as simple as that. :-)

I live in a country where most things are expensive (mostly due to high taxes). To add to your price comparison, I spent more than 79 EUR the last time I filled the tank of one of my two cars.

;-)

What if you live in a country whre prices are low and wages, too? 79 EUR in sweden is on average earned with much lesser hours of work than 79 EUR with average work in other countries. E.g. what if you are unemployed in Greece? The advice (not by you) "get a 2nd job" is a bit snobish I'd say. The thing is: It's more or less only for ppl in rich countries and with a job. No prob with that and IMHO no urgend need to change that (the world is not fair). But at least one should stay honest. For most ppl (worldwide) it is expensive. As you rightly said: it's a market offer. Get it or leave it. I took the offer three times alredy.

I gave up work to take care of my wife as she is severely disabled so I have far less income than most. It didn't take me long to save up the <100 Pounds licence fee. It's not like people can't even use MorphOS for free, rebooting every half an hour is a small price to pay that everyone can afford.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »27.02.16 - 09:43