• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Yasu
    Well, I guess they can lower the price. But don't come complaining later then if some hardware doesn't get supported or their homepage and forum get slow as hell. Unless you think it's fair that they pay for all the hardware and expenses out of their own pockets as well as work for free.

Really, I would like to see you guys go to a BMW dealer and argue about how many more buyers they would get if they just cut their price in half. Because, yeah, that's how it works. The reason their cars cost so much have nothibg to do with the materials, tools and man hours invested. It's just a number they made out for kicks.

And yes, AmigaOS 4 has lowered the price. Most likely to be able to sell it for the newly supported WinUAE PPC. Who in their right mind would pay 150€ for that? I bet they saw this as a way to make at least some money. Clever I admit.

But considering how much extra you still have to pay to get the same experience it's not as cheap anymore. A lot of stuff like 3D support cost extra (a lot extra). So pretty soon you are up to a MOS laptop licence anyway.
    AMIGA FORUM - Hela Sveriges Amigatidning!
    AMIGA FORUM - Sweden's Amiga Magazine!

My MorphOS blog
  • »19.02.16 - 20:10
    Profile Visit Website