• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Intuition
    Quote:

Methanoid wrote:
    Only registered today to post here..

I've often considered MOS and did try it and liked it on a Mac Mini.

I WONT buy it.. its crazy expensive IMHO. I would at €29-39. If I wanted to use MOS I would just use it for 30m and reboot. I suspect very few people buy it cos of the high price. If it was a sensible price you'd see many old Mini and G5 computers sold on eBay for old time Amiga users who would spend a bit to have a play.

Whether you get 3x sales, I don't know.. but whoever sets the price has to ask themselves.. are we getting enough sales already? You want NEW sales. Those who paid €111 are not paying again. They are done. They have been milked. Maybe now milk a cheaper market?

Look at the other OSs

Linux - free
    Windows - moving to a service model. You can buy Win10 for €20 (yes you can!)
    OSX - now free with the hardware but previously €20 or so. My OSX was £14.99 I think?

Do you want to make sales, grow your userbase or not?

OK. I'm done. Doubt I will be back. You can all feel great about MOS, all 20 of you or whatever. Another potential MOS user put off.

Or I'll just use the 30m restricted one forever. You made nothing from me. Great job!

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    1.67GHz 15" PowerBook G4, 1GB RAM, 128MB Radeon 9700M Pro, 64GB SSD, MorphOS 3.15

2.7GHz DP G5, 4GB RAM, 512MB Radeon X1950 Pro, 500GB SSHD, MorphOS 3.9
  • »19.02.16 - 12:05